Monday, June 13, 2011

Elise Update

DSC00477

Elise has changed so much. She is now 4 months old and such a joy. At her doctor’s appointment she weighed in at 15 lbs 6 oz (more than double her birth weight) and is 26 in tall! A growing girl.

DSC00545

In fact, she had a major growth spurt while on the trip. I brought clothes that I was positive still would be to big for her when we got back, but I was out of luck. She definitely out-grew pretty much all the clothes I had packed for her.

DSC00645-2

She is very smiley, still, and it is more darling than ever since her cheeks are so big. Her eyes get so wrinkled. Very darling. Her blonde hair is growing longer and was rather curly in the humid air of the East. I think she would stand all day long if I helped her balance that long. She has the strongest, firmest legs ever.

DSC00639

I’m guessing she will be quite the little dare devil. She absolutely loves hanging upside down, which was, of course, discovered by her dad. He does it whenever he can. She loves being tossed in the air, bouncing on her back, being dropped onto soft surfaces, all that fun stuff. She and Dad will certainly have fun!

DSC00661

Not too interested in toys, but very interested in people and her surroundings. She makes friends everywhere she goes, a trait I anticipate will remain with her for her whole life through.

DSC00455

And I am pretty sure she is teething.

     DSC00658

2 comments:

Anne Burnett said...

Thanks for the update on the babe! She's such a perfect baby - she must have a perfect Mommy!

We should probably begin taking bets on when she'll pass Brenna up in the weight category.

Chace & Rivka said...

She's about to pass Tildy up weight-wise! And what a sweetheart. Hope you come again soon so that she and Matilda (not to mention Thing 2) can be buddies. And what a sweet husband you have! Hope you had a grrrrreat b-day. I still haven't gotten in touch, but I hope you got our message! DF.