Thursday, May 26, 2011

Trip for the Decade! 1

I’ve been missing as far as this blog goes. But, I am about to make up for it. Elise and I just got back from a 20-day long trip! 12 states, 6 residences and lots and lots of family and friends.

It began with a flight out to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1) where my sister-in-law, Anne, and their (referring to Russ and Anne) three kids brought us to their place in Delaware (2). I got to stay with them (finally!) from Tuesday to Monday. Very fun. They have darling children and Elise loved watching her cousins. DSC00487

Highlights

  • Getting to know them all better (cheesy, I know)
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Lunch with Russ
  • Russ’ Sunday School Lesson
  • D.C.
  • Trip to and fro DC (reading to Kaylee and Ashlyn, watching Tinkerbell with them, seeing their heads bob when asleep)
  • Watching them all adore and interact with Elise
  • Napoleon Party! 1% milk, corn dogs, Pedro Loves Summer cake, and TOTS!
  • Chillin’ with Anne

DSC00520

On Saturday, Anne, the kids and I traveled down to D.C. (Maryland 3, D.C. 4) I hadn’t been there, so it was all new. D.C. was way cool. I especially appreciated the Lincoln Memorial; to echo Anne, it truly is a Spirit-filled dwelling. However, I was most impressed with Anne’s ability and willingness for my sake to not only keep track of but entertain 3 kids for an entire sweaty afternoon. I am grateful for her willingness to endure so I could site see. Thanks, Anne!

DSC00496

I also got to eat lunch with Russ on-campus. I always treasure time with him. This occasion in particular meant a lot since his time is very precious and mostly not his own.

I really enjoyed my whole stay with them. They are a generous and wonderful family.

Then…

2 comments:

Anne Burnett said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! Thanks for writing such sweet things about your stay with us. I think you forgot to include your least favorite parts, though - such as sleeping on an air mattress in our front room, getting ill, being awakened by exuberant nieces, etc. :)

William and Heather said...

I'm glad you got to see DC; the Lincoln Memorial is my favorite! i'm sad I missed you though (we live in MD now right by DC), but you were with family and I'm still trying to figure out life as a mom. ...did I tell you I'm a mom now?