Saturday, May 28, 2011

Trip for the Decade 3

P1040481   

Once landed in Chicago, Illinois (5), we were picked up by both of our best friends! Get this: three generations of best friends! My dear friend Rivka Wilcoxson and her daughter Matilda picked us up and with them we stayed at their lovely home until Thursday.

P1040487

I was introduced to some real yummy foods and some very hot weather, and some reasons not to own a home (thanks, Chace!). For not the first time, Rivka and Chace’s air conditioner wasn’t working, which we discovered once finally breaking down and attempting to turn it down in the 97 degree weather! Sad day. Despite the weather, Rivka thought it appropriate to do some P90-X yoga. Wow, nothing could have demonstrated my lack of strength or out of shape-ness more. DSC00565

On Wednesday, we got a pass from the library and went to the zoo! It was awesome. I hadn’t been to a zoo in longer than I could remember, so I loved it even more. Tilly is old enough to be fascinated by the animals at the zoo, which was fun to watch.

P1040499

But mostly, we just hung out, watch a couple of movies and gave/received foot massages.

No comments: